Thursday, July 2, 2015

SS: Week 4

With Josh barely home in time for Father's Day, we weren't sure what he would feel like doing on his special day. He decided , though, to continue with original plans so we went to both his favorite brunch spot and then over to his parents' house for swimming.


Daddy's favorite dish at his favorite restaurant!

Swim fun with cousin Autumn

The swim fun continued the following day, as we met up with one of Aaron's friends from preschool this past year.

Aaron and his buddy, Rhys

Nate loves the huge slides now!


We enjoyed our last craft box that we receive in the mail - outer space themed!


We met up with more friends from my past Mom's Club group at a splash pad - it was so nice to reunite and catch up with everyone.


Then I took the boys to the mall - where they got to ride on this motorized animal scooter. So funny!

Just cos he's cute ;)


Unfortunately for me...I got sick :p Was so relieved no one else got it (has anyone heard of the wonders of 100% grape juice?!) Not quite sure if it was the flu or related to something I ate that I knew didn't go down very well, I had everyone drinking that in case. It "supposedly" helps cancel out sick cells in your intestines to prevent them from multiplying (and making you sick). Josh had work commitments so I had to call on my mom to watch the kids a bit...I haven't felt that yuck in years. Not fun.

So very thankful was I that the kids were well because they were suppose to go on their annual summer trip/visit with their Nana and Pap Pap! Like last summer, the boys got to go to my sister's cabin in Flagstaff for a few days.

Back at the Deer Farm. A favorite. Especially with silly Pap-Pap.





They spent many hours at Bearizona!

They also visited the Lowell Observatory (unfortunately it was cloudy so they didn't get to look through the large telescope) and otherwise played a great deal outside and around the cabin.

Meanwhile, mommy enjoyed the peace and quiet, had dinner with friends, spent time with the hubby...even had a stay cation of sorts! It was sort of "part celebration for being kid-less/part celebrating our tenth anniversary" some more. A post on us coming up! ;)

1 comment:

Two Girls said...

Looks like a great summer! Fun stuff for them to do. I'm jealous of their trip to Flagstaff. The Observatory sounds grand!