Saturday, July 18, 2015

FINAL week of Summer Vacation!

Here we go..what we were up to our very last week of summer break!

To begin the week, a visit to the i.d.e.a. Museum in Mesa.








Once upon A Time theme- glow in the dark Mad Hatter tea party! So cute.

What ended up being very convenient, the boys were both in camps in the morning the whole week. This particular week has been a bit of a grouchy, brother battle, "what can I do, what can I do" sort of whiny week. It was good for all of us to have some time apart a bit!

Nathan did a camp at an environmental center with the theme being set around Hawaii. They played games, did crafts, took daily walks around a lake near there...he had a good time. They even had a luau lunch!


Limbo-ing

Luau lunch


Aaron's camp centered around games - each day they learned two different ones - like golf, tennis, soccer, hockey, etc. Unfortunately I never got there in time to get pictures of him doing any of it, but the last day they too had a little special ceremony for the kids, giving them ribbons.

The sign says "Sportball" above them, the group that put it on

Getting his ribbon


We had one last hurrah at a public pool complete with Italian ice!


Our Cub Scout/neighbor boy Tyler also came back over again to play one afternoon.


The boys both had Meet the Teacher one evening and we have our cousins from California that are in town for another visit!



This morning I took the boys back to bouncing -


....as well as a Minion picture frame making  craft at Michaels.


With all this action, though, I think we're going to have one last RELAXING day at home tomorrow before school begins the following day! As grand as breaks can be, I think we're ready again for structure :)

No comments: