Sunday, July 5, 2015

Our "10th" Anniversary!

I was due to post this a month ago, but...I was waiting on more pictures ;) Almost exactly a month ago the hubby and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary! How time flies. On the actual day (which conveniently fell on the weekend) we went out to a nice dinner.

Dressed for the occasion!

We went to a small, but fancy restaurant called Cafe Monarch - it had a French twist, and was known for having a romantic atmosphere as well as good food. The menu even changes week to week. First time we've even ordered a bottle of wine - and didn't leave a drop!

This happened to be the weekend right before we found out about Josh going to Japan, so I was really thankful we had that evening to ourselves.

Also, since we decided it was a big occasion, we ordered a cake from the cakery that does our special occasion cakes. I thought it would be nice, too, to share it among other couples we know that have June wedding anniversaries.

My parents celebrating 43 years, along with my best friend who is celebrating 2. My older sister, too, celebrates a June anniversary - 15!

Vanilla with raspberry filling - close to our vanilla with strawberry filling on our wedding day. Deee-licious!

While the kids were away, then, a week ago, we decided to do a bit more celebrating. On our anniversary the hubby surprised me with a staycation - reservations to stay at a hotel along with dinner and spa reservations!


Drinks in the pool...a few times :)

Spa! I had a nice massage. 
We had a nice month of celebrating our new double digit status.

And then...I'm sorry, this too is old news but again I was trying to get pictures...I have started going to a new gym! Uh, I know this may not sound incredibly exciting to most people but...this new gym just opened within a few months ago...and it's basically a gym with hotel-spa like amenities. In fact it does have its own spa inside. It costs 5x as much as my old gym, but once you step inside you understand why!

Other than the spa like conditions, what really sold me on the gym is all the classes (and pools!) offered. In the past I've gone to a different place to do bikram yoga, another place to do a workout called Pound, another place to practice lap swim... what's so nice is that this place has ALL of those and much more! Complete one stop shop. In past posts I've pictured the kids doing fitness classes, using a pool/splashpad they have there, etc. They even had an oatmeal bar for members the other week.

Largely because of the cost, I have been going frequently, if even just to use the pool and jacuzzi. A few mornings a week I've been getting up early (as in sunrise) to make a class before Josh leaves for work (and okay, my sister, who joined,  coming helps too!)

A few more pictures...



Doing cardio looking out to the pools, tennis courts

Yoga room- not quite the same, but this is such a relaxing room when the main light is off, and the flickering candles turn on.

So anyway....just a really, really nice "gym". Whatever motivates me to go, right? :)

No comments: