And so it begins! The craziness, that is. Each and every week this month has all kinds of things going on! It's hard to keep up with if I don't have every detail written down :)
First, Nate had his fundraising run to benefit both his school and classroom. I volunteered to help out - the kids were wonderful runners!
![]() | |
| Here we come! |
They really did get to do some fun things with Nana and Pap Pap while we were gone. They helped hang lights -
...and even got to meet St Nick, Mrs Claus and some elves !
![]() |
| As long as I have this candy cane I'll pose with you |
They went out for pizza, helped bake cookies...lots of stuff to occupy their time and not think of mommy and daddy :) Meanwhile, mommy was running...and running...and still running. I don't mean to sound like Miss Negativity, but I was bummed with the weather - high never went above 30's or 40's for sure, and it rained all throughout the race :( Neither of which I've had experience with before. I've run in the cold, but it gradually got warmer....
So much low was my running spirit that by mile 13 I was begging Josh to pick me up, I was ready to throw in the towel (with the weather, losing some of my food on my fuel belt, throwing off gloves that later I had wanted back...) But...I got to thinking that even though in the moment it sounded like a really good idea, in the long run I would have been disappointed (nor did I want to tell anyone that I quit and didn't finish). So, though it took me six hours, I completed the marathon. I sure was happy to be done!
![]() |
| No more winter marathons for me! I discovered I become more stiff, not faster, in cold runs |








No comments:
Post a Comment