Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holiday Time, Week 2 !

This past week was Nate's last week of school - he had a special last day, as they made Christmas trees out of waffle cones (and mommy received a special homemade ornament) and also had a pajama/bring your stuffed animal day. The last day of school I decided to make the boys holiday lunches -

Aaron's lunch : candy cane shaped fruit, grilled cheese tree, marshmallows for dessert and Ho Ho milk (I cooked/strained some strawberries to make it red)

Nate's lunch : Santa PBJ, snowman string cheese, snowman milk, snowmen marshmallows and Grinch shaped fruit kabobs

On our first day of winter break I dished out some holiday crafts -

Add caption

Making snowflakes using tree branches

Santa slime

Hot chocolate paint

Mmmm...you almost want to drink it off the page!


Hot chocolate play

Overflowing! 

That evening we went to the Polar Express event at our local recreation center - this year was even more fun because we ran into a bunch of friends!

Aaron and his friend Miles - they bargained and switched each other cookies


Always enjoy craft time


We love Santa!
I also spent the week finishing shopping and wrapping, and kinda some baking...darn, for all the cookies we received at our cookie exchange, I still have more to do! Looks like I'll be scrambling to do that tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

No comments: