Just in time for Thanksgiving, we volunteered with our church at Feed My Starving Children - a Christian organization that boxes up food for kids in different countries. We made 90 some boxes, enough to feed 53 kids for a whole year!
![]() | |
| Nate and I poured in the protein |
I'm glad Nate is old enough now to go to places where we can do charity work - it's wonderful to open your eyes and really learn to appreciate the things we take for granted.
We had a good Thanksgiving spent with our families and tons of yummy grub in our tummies. Now, to no surprise, the kids are very excited for the month of December. In typical Thanksgiving week tradition, we visited Zoolights at our local zoo.
| Made from milk and water cartons. As many as we go through each week, we should have a few of these trees at our house! |
| Nate was pretty brave that evening- he enjoyed the inner tube ride |
| ...and rode a camel! |
| ...so I was brave and rode the zoo's small zipline! Good thing there wasn't time to dwell on how strong ropes are. |
Just today, Eddie the Elf arrived at our house. I love anything that enforces good behavior! Nate is very aware that he is being watched and reported on.
Thanks to a relative, I'm inspired to try and do RACK's (Random Acts of Kindness) each day - maybe as simple as holding the door for someone to paying for someone's coffee. Good thing to show the kids, too. So today was our first day -
![]() | |
| Candy cane bombed the movie theater parking lot |
And now, this first full week of December, leaves my marathon one week away. It's time to start resting and carb-ing up!




No comments:
Post a Comment