Monday, November 4, 2013

Women's Half Marathon...and Other Fun Pictures !

This past weekend I completed my fourth half marathon race! I've liked this one that I've done now the last two years because it's all women, not as many people, a man in uniform puts the medal around your neck...and even better this year, we got some bubbly at the end! What a nice treat after hours of running!
I did pretty well for the first almost nine miles- didn't stop to walk once! That in itself is an improvement, then I noticed that I was catching up to the 2:15 (two hours, fifteen minutes) pacer, which is another good improvement over past years! However, at mile 9 a toe started bothering me...when I got home I noticed it was because I had two bloody blisters at the top :( That was a bummer. That put a damper in my running spirit the rest of the race and I ended up finishing at my typical, normal time. 






I can't believe I'm now beginning my LAST month of training! My marathon is only a month away. If I'm being honest...I've been slacking this last month in training. It's too late to try "making up miles", I just need to work hard these next three weeks before I have to start tapering off. Definately the nerves are starting to set in...

In other happy news, I got the professional pictures from my photo shoot, hooray! (By the way, I promise this is the last time I'll bring it up!) I've been SO persistant in bugging the photographer and owner of the hair salon for these pictures...I'm glad I was, because I think they turned out great! I'm relieved I don't need to bother them anymore. I'm happy to have these to treasure!







No comments: