We were thrilled last weekend to get the opportunity to use my sister's cabin for the first time - I don't think news has spread too far, but my older sister bought a cabin in Flagstaff (a town a few hours north of us) to have to rent out to people (and secretly use when it's not!) Surprisingly, but thankfully, no one rented it out this past Veteran's Day weekend so me and the boys took advantage of it. We were excited to get out of the city and enjoy cabin life for a few days!
 |
| Large deck - we all loved that! |
 |
| Floor to ceiling windows. So spacious! |
 |
| Welcome home! |
 |
| We also liked their fenced in backyard |
 |
| I made the boys a Scavenger Hunt nature game |
We arrived Saturday afternoon and hung out until that evening - we have found ourselves a pizza joint up there we like (that sits close to train tracks, perfect for the boys!) They are really into the Polar Express this year so I tried to get tickets for us to ride it that night--their first weekend open--but was a little surprised that it was sold out :( I didn't think people would be too interested in it so early. Guess I need to plan way earlier for next time! (Pssst....they will be getting Polar Express tickets for next year for Christmas this year!)
Instead we visited the Lowell Observatory that evening, the boys had a good time looking through telescopes to see planets/moon and stars. Afterwards, mama got to enjoy the jacuzzi tub and some hot chocolate. Yay!
Sunday was quite busy - we started with visiting/walking around Sunset Crater (a dormant volcano) then went on to see Bearizona, a drive thru/get out and walk around wilderness park. There were lots of black bears (hence the name!)
 |
| Bison (during the drive thru) |
 |
| Bear out in the wild! (drive thru- pictures aren't so great because we had to keep windows up) |
We still took the boys to see the Polar Express train - it was all they would talk about (and watched in the car).
The morning we went to leave the boys enjoyed some caves while I finished packing (and enjoyed some peaceful time at the cabin).
The boys loved our weekend spent outside in the beautiful weather. We're already looking forward to visiting another time!
1 comment:
Fun weekend! I didn't realize the train went out of Flagstaff. For some reason I was thinking it was further to Williams. Neat to know it's closer. I may have to do the same as you and get tickets for next year, NOW. Smart idea. Glad you enjoyed your time. :)
Post a Comment