The boys were certainly excited when Halloween came around yesterday. Once again this year I decided to dress up with the boys...though they literally didn't know until about thirty seconds before they put on their costumes what they were going to be. I decided this year that we were going to be Greasers! As in I was going to be a Pink Lady and they were going to be T-Birds from the movie "Grease". Trying to understand, Nate wondered if that meant he got to fly. Hmmm....not quite. I showed him a few clips from the movie and he got all excited.
My mom,dad, sister and BIL came to join us in the festivities- my sister even joined in on the fun!
| Let's go! |
We were out for about 45 minutes...which seemed like plenty of time. Nate's bag was beginning to sag and poor Aaron's handle on his bucket continuously was detaching. They had plenty of candy!
| Yum, yum! Lollipops are my favorite this year! |
After we came back Nathan enjoyed helping pass out candy for a bit too.
Earlier in the day, I made the boys Halloween themed lunches. Lunchtime was as creative as I got! I didn't do anything special for breakfast or dinner...
![]() |
| Aaron's lunch : grilled cheese 'fingers', pumpkin shaped with fruit, and 'blood clots' (watermelon) He also got a little Halloween note :) |
![]() |
| Nate's lunch for school : pumpkin shaped PBJ, homemade granola bar, pumpkin shaped fruit, 'bloody' yogurt with raisins as eyes, a Halloween note and 'mummy milk' |
Now of course the kids are all about eating candy! Ok, mom and dad are, too....


2 comments:
Eli loved any kind of candy he could
Get his hands on this year! For that reason I gave him the option to keep 10 pieces of candy and trade in the rest for a toy. He did so gladly! Cute costumes :)
That's a good idea, Sami! The kids have been candy crazy, Josh got rid of some last night. We're trying to keep it sort of hidden hoping if it's out of sight it's out of mind, too!
Post a Comment