The weeks aren't going any slower, that is for sure!
This past week, we have said "until next time" to Nate's good friend, Braedan. Like Lauren, they have known each other since they were babies. Their family is moving to Chicago for daddy's work. We will miss them greatly (we are used to seeing them on a daily basis), however we are pleased that we happened to have just booked a trip to Chicago in November, so we're looking forward to visiting them. But, it will be sad to return to school and not see our friends.
Now, onto our fun from Week 6!
.JPG) |
| Italian themed cooking class this past week : Italian soda,pesto chicken mozzarella grilled cheese, and pasta salad. Again, I'm just thrilled Nate tried it! |
.JPG) |
| A fun Wednesday : first a puppet show with a bunch of giggles, followed by lunch out |
 |
| Then in the afternoon, we went to Wildflower for a cookies,milk and craft event they have each week |
|
|
 |
| Thursday morning the kids had their last play camp together |
 |
| Immediately following, Nathan had a cupcake decorating class at a local cupcake shop! |
 |
| Brother and I ate cake pops and colored |
The boys again spent some time with their Nana and Grandmother. Yesterday, Nate started swim lessons back up again and then went with daddy to Lowe's to build Turbo. While Nate was gone, I took Aaron to an interactive animal class. (It turned out to be interactive for me, and sort of "duck and hide" for Aaron- note to self!)
 |
| Brave mommy holding a snake- once I was reassured a thousand times the snake didn't have teeth and wouldn't bite! |
 |
| Feeding the turtle - about as brave as Aaron got |
So, for everything fun Nathan gets to do (that Aaron isn't old enough for or can't do yet) I try to do something fun with him. This next, LAST week of summer break Nate has three camps going on (lucky boy!) so it looks like Aaron and I will be off trying to find more fun to do. This just may be the shortest week week of summer yet with everything we have going on!
In other news, as school is about to get under way, I have both left and started new responsibilities. I am still part of my Mom's Club group that I began six years ago with Nate (and have pretty much been President of the last five years, give or take a few months). However, I am no longer President of the club OR on any board positions (I was Treasurer for the few months I wasn't President). I'm very happy to still be a part of the club, however very relieved to not have any responsibilities any longer with it. That is, because, I am now a part of Nathan's PTO at school.
Even though school has not started yet, PTO has already begun meeting (and that is because we do start next week, but teachers go back this week!) I am helping out with a PTO sponsored potluck breakfast they are doing for the teachers returning to school this week and also helping sell school gear when we have our Meet the Teacher event this week. I'm also relieved to be, FINALLY, meeting up with the woman whose position I am taking over for this year to find out what my job is all about! (sounds like a good time,right, the week before school starts?) I will be the Box Top Coordinator - the person who goes around to all the classrooms of the school to collect and count box tops. When classrooms reach a certain goal, I get to decide what kind of party they get and throw it. I'm so thrilled to have more of a "fun" job this time around! I have other women who are going to help me collect and count. Now I just need to figure out how to organize it all :)
So yes, everything is raring up to go. I think Nate is somewhat ready for school to begin (though if given the choice of course, he'd choose summer break over school anytime I'm sure!) Summer has seemed short but in some ways I'm ready for routine to begin again.
No comments:
Post a Comment