To start the morning off, a back-to-school breakfast!
| It wasn't too bad to prepare - I painted the placemats wth chalkboard paint a week or two ago and also made the banner then |
| Had to include littles even though he wasn't going to school (yet!) |
Daddy took off that morning to come and Nana joined us for breakfast (bacon,fruit, scones and french toast!) and for school as well.
| Very own desk and supplies (his new teacher behind him) |
I have to admit...even today I'm still a bit sad that we were not allowed into the classroom with Nate on the first day (usually a tradition, right?) Apparently I have discovered it is up to each teacher, but MOST of them do allow parents to come in for pictures and such the first day. Not ours. She literally stood at the door and told the kids to say goodbye to their parents. Boo. Not that Nate was upset, I suppose it's a tradition the parents enjoy. I was bummed for my husband and mom who came along, who, had I known that we wouldn't have been allowed inside, would not have bothered to try and get them to come. I was excited to show off all the "big boy" things inside his desk. Most importantly, Nate seems to like his new teacher okay. He also has a student teacher. I guess I am just learning to get used to a different teacher with a very different style than Nate's last.
Anyway, the week has been good overall, I think Nate was ready for the weekend to be here. Here's to a good year!
2 comments:
Awesome stuff! Exciting for Nate and his whole family!
Such a nice morning you planned! Lucky boy.
Post a Comment