Saturday, July 19, 2014

FINAL week of Summer Break!

And there we have it! Pretty much all done with summer. We're spending the rest of the weekend just chilling out at home in preparation for the craziness that begins! It's going to be a busy week for me as well with PTO, trying to jump start everything. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get homework yet this week, like last year.

So - Nate's first camp of the week took place at a children's museum,the program was called "Paris in the Springtime". They painted with watercolor, made clay from scratch and some sort of person with it :), they attempted to make the Eiffel Tower on cookies, etc. I liked that it was different. I took Aaron to a new play place and out to breakfast while Nate was gone that morning. We took a dip in the pool with friends that afternoon. It was a busy start to the week!

Nate had his last cooking class - and they saved the best for last! Nate loved his monster cookie - peanut butter with M &M cookies with ice cream in the middle!






The boys spent time with their Nana, who took them back to their favorite pool structure to play, we met up for lunch and shopped for school!

Nate's camp #2 - Gymnastics/water bouncy slide fun! I took Aaron to a summer movie. That evening, we met Nate's teacher! School is only two days away.





To end the work week - the kids swam and played with their cousin at Grandmother's house, then Nate went to straight to his last camp - another play camp at the same place the boys went to together before, but this time just for him. I took Aaron for some frozen yogurt and we played at home.

Today, Nate had swimming then went to a birthday party - his first time ice skating!


He held onto the wall at first, but eventually let go and held daddy's hand

Aaron and I got a smoothie, did a little art class at Michaels and went to the bookstore. Whew! It's no wonder I took a nap this afternoon ;) I hope the boys can look back and have enjoyed our break, despite no real summer vacation. Hopefully next summer! I'm looking forward to finding my house this week ;) 




No comments: