I don't know...we went to a park date with friends that morning, and one of our friends was openly using her little potty so Aaron got to see...then we happened to be going to Target afterwards, and I asked him if he would like to pick out underwear to wear. He agreed, and picked out some socks too, so we went home and tried. Success!
He's not really using the potty any earlier than Nate did age wise, but wow already in the first week he is definately different than Nate was!
--Loves food rewards (Nate could have cared less, even if it was M & M's!) I'm happy that even with crackers Aaron finds motivation.
--Not to get extremely personal but does both types of potty business on the potty! Hooray for mommy's laundry detergent! Nate took an extra month.
--Trained before preschool starts! (that's what it took for Nate to finally get interested...I was afraid Aaron was going to be the same way)
--Waking up with dry diapers
--Isn't afraid to flush,wash hands, and will use public potty's! This is a definate huge difference, as Nate to this day still doesn't like to flush with the loud sounds. The public potty thing took quite a while, and for quite a while I had to carry around a little toilet. I'm happy to report that out in public, Aaron will use a seat on a bigger potty. Hooray, now mommy isn't obviously looking like there is a potty being carted!
Such a relief to me to have this going before preschool starts (in a few days!) The only little thing, however, is that I have been telling Aaron to use the potty, as opposed to him telling me he needs to use it. I worry about that with preschool because I'm not sure the teachers ask the kids to use it - I think they rely on the kids to tell them (or show obvious dancing signs!) So I'm worried about accidents. But, I guess those just go with the territory and are something to learn from....that or they learn to hold it I suppose!
I also haven't left Aaron (totally) by himself yet with people he doesn't know, so I'm afraid of the separation anxiety he may face first hand. Basically fingers crossed for the next week!
By the way, I don't mean to compare boys to say that one is better than the other - just so when I'm eighty years old and have a hard time remembering, this blog will be fun to go back to ;) So proud of my "big kid" !
![]() |
| Book exchange and a cupcake treat...deserving! |

2 comments:
Hooray Aaron!
Mama, I used those Gerber underware that have the extra padding when Paige first went to school. Just so the mess would get absorbed a bit easier(it eased my mind). She did fine and never needed them, as Aaron will probably be too, but my nerves were calmed a bit with them.
Yes, good point - I do have those. Maybe I'll have Aaron wear a pair tomorrow.
Post a Comment