Josh, Nate and our dog Lily had a wonderful time camping in Payson last weekend (until Saturday night- more on that in a minute). Nate was SO excited to go 'real' camping since he hadn't gone since last fall. They went with some of Josh's work friends. We knew Aaron wouldn't sleep well in that sort of environment yet so we stayed behind.
 |
| Their camping area |
 |
| Nate loves to hike! |
 |
| Lily likes to explore, too |
 |
| I think I could live in here... |
 |
| New friends |
 |
| Nature boy |
I believe other than hiking and walking around they sat around a fire, typical camping stuff. I don't think they fished any. Back to Saturday night...
The last night they camped, a little after midnight, Lily pawed at the tent to be let in (Josh had her tied up to a tree outside). He noticed her spitting and then...came the odor. She had been sprayed by a skunk! :( I was glad Nate slept through the commotion and Josh was able to get Lily to go back to sleep that night, but things have been stinky (literally) ever since. Lily still smells like skunk (as well as some rooms of the house and clothing/blankets). I first took Lily for a good clean and then have been applying a hydrogen peroxide/dish detergent/baking soda mix to her coat once a day, rinsing it out. Some moments it seems the smell has gone...then as it heats up outside, it comes roaring back. I read that apple cider vinegar (left out) is suppose to help with the smell in the home. Other people have mentioned tomato juice in helping the smell on Lily go away. I just tried that today so we'll see how she is tomorrow. I've heard the smell can last for weeks :( Our poor doggie. Luckily this hasn't seemed to affect her behavior, eating habits, etc. It's just too bad we found out the hard way why we shouldn't let her sleep outside ! (and of course, learned even more so it's good to stay WAY away from skunks!)
Probably our one and only camping weekend until next summer. I don't think Nate minds...he's already counting down to another trip in October!
No comments:
Post a Comment