Anyway...it's no secret in Arizona that in the wintertime, the sun goes down earlier and stays down longer in the morning. We're gradually changing that as we start heading towards the summer months. In the summer the sun is up between 5-6am and doesn't go down until 7:30-8pm. Wreaks havoc with Nate's sleeping-he doesn't want to go down until later and wakes up earlier, ugh! Well...I hope I just found the answer to our problem.

It is called the Kid Sleep Night-Light Alarm. The idea is to set the time/alarm for when you want the images to change-one image showing the bunny "awake" with the sun, the other showing the bunny "asleep" with the moon. This is to help show kids when it is time to sleep and when it is time to be awake. I'm hoping we can train Nate to look at those images when he wakes up and know that if the bunny in bed is still lit, that means he needs to stay in his room (I don't mind if he's awake, just as long as he stays in his room! Though hopefully it convinces him somehow to go back to sleep) I'd rather not start the summer day at 5:30-6am. The clock can also be set for naptimes.
Thanks to a friend posting this product and it being on sale, I decided to try it out. Majority of reviews were from happy parents of kids of all ages who it had worked for, so I'm trying to be hopeful (though maybe not too excited...because it would just figure that my child could be the 1% it doesn't work for!) Looking forward to receiving it soon and going ahead with using it.
I didn't buy a second one to use with Aaron. #1, he's too young to understand the concept and #2, I'm still pretty happy with the luck we've had using my friend who has helped with sleep training/getting Aaron on a consistent schedule. I'm still working with her as Aaron gets older and all-in-all, he's thriving on his schedule. As long as what we do with my friend continues to work, there's no need for one with him right now. He's doing well taking two naps, in bed by 7:30 and usually sleeping until 7-7:30am. Come around when he turns one things will shift a little bit.
Well, fingers crossed we can be one of the new happy reviewers on Amazon soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment