Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nate's 4th Birthday Party!

Yesterday was Nate's 4th birthday! We were excited to have his birthday party on his actual birthday surrounded by all the family and friends he loves. For weeks Nate and I have been preparing for his Candyland themed party. Poor guy, I think he was beginning to wonder when this fabulous party of his was actually going to happen!

It was a picture perfect weather day for a party at a park. Sunshine with bits of a breeze, high 70's. We arrived pretty early to setup before our guests arrived-we booked a bounce house for the kids (that also came with a SUPER delicious cotton candy maker, I should add! I'm still eating some and lucky for us we have a cotton candy maker at home so I was sure to pack up some sugar for later! ;) )

The bounce house was a major hit with the kids-as soon as they saw that, no one cared about playing on the park equipment (which was actually kinda nice, since it was such a nice day the park was really busy!) An added bonus-knowing the kids were in the bounce house made it easier for the adults to catch up too ;) The kids (and adults too, I think!) enjoyed "Nate's Sweets Shoppe"--filled with different kinds of candy,cookies and cupcakes. We played a musical chair type game where the children got to pick books as prizes. Each child went home with Candyland goodie boxes of Playdough,candy necklaces, colorful straws, stickers, bubbles, toothpaste/toothbrush ;), colorful Goldfish and bags of candy from the bar, if they chose.

Lots of planning going on but it was all worth it knowing that Nate and his guests had a good time. Mommy is a little glad that these events only happen once year ;) Now of course I'll have Aaron's next to look forward to, which really isn't all that far away! :( We hope you enjoy our pictures!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own slideshow design



No comments: