We went to a catch and release lake belonging to where we rented the cabin from. Oh my gosh, the first day we fished was hilarious. It was my dad, my brother-in-law, Josh,me and Nate. The fish were hungry! We baited our hooks with worms and it never took longer than five seconds tops before we had nibbles and bites on our line. My brother-in-law caught twenty fish (yes, 20!!), I caught 11, Nate caught 3 and my dad caught 1. Nate was excited to see the fish wiggling on his line and said goodbye to them as we tossed them back in. I'm not sure what type they were, but you can tell that they weren't ever very big :)
On day two fishing, we went back to the same lake and still caught fish-but not near as many. This time Nate caught 5 fish and my dad caught the biggest fish-a catfish, probably about a foot long at least! Both days Nate fished for awhile then ran off to walk around, play on a playground that was around and visit with the rest of us. Overall he enjoyed the experience I'm pretty sure. He really just had a great time being outside period where it wasn't 108 degrees! Mid-afternoon it was a little warm though (85 or so) but the mornings and evenings were BEAUTIFUL. We always made sure to be out then.
Aaron loved the outside just as much. Other than the time or two we went out to eat or to my soon to be brother-in-law's playhouse at his cabin, he remained at our cabin. When he wasn't sleeping, he was outside swinging. Both boys like taking it all in :)
Josh stayed the first night then returned home on Sunday, his birthday, to go to work on Monday. I ordered a large cookie from Paradise Bakery to celebrate his birthday while we were up there, and the day of before he left we went to a Mexican restaurant nearby for lunch. Two of the three nights we were there we had thunderstorms-one night was worse than the other by far, we lost electricity for about half an hour. I couldn't believe that Aaron slept through the whole thing and I anticipated Nate to be nervous/scared but he wasn't. He wanted to watch the storm a little bit and then, much to my surprise again fell asleep during it! I was glad the power turned back on before I went to sleep-wasn't going to be so easy to find and get bottles for Aaron during the night! I didn't want to have a heart attack seeing the fake bear by my room either....
So, now it's back to the grind as we get ready for Nate to start school next week! Potty training is still...yep...(say it altogether) "a work in progress" but I'm hoping school will be the push we need to get us there. It seems like the only thing I haven't tried yet! As one of my friends said to me, that I try to keep in mind...in most cases, potty training is like training for a marathon. It's not something that will happen overnight. It takes time. I've been repeating that to myself a lot lately :) It's just so hard when we have a promising moment only to hit a snag the next. Well...one of these days we'll get there.
![]() |
| Free scrapbook customized with Smilebox |

No comments:
Post a Comment