Also new in Nate's playroom-I got around to making a "craft line" for Nate's new crafts to be displayed on.
I was so glad to get that idea from a friend-it's an easy and wonderful way to display Nate's projects, otherwise they would be just sitting in a pile somewhere.
Well I'm not going to lie-the last few weeks have been long and busy. Now that Nate's naps have 90% gone out the window (super bummer!) that's left us with twelve hour days to fill up with activities. The boy isn't one to stay sitting for very long! God bless my gym-for an awesome price I've been totally taking advantage of having Nate go there for two hours. I work out for about an hour or so and then chill out for 30-45mins. It has worked out very well for us the last few weeks.
The long days have made us much more anxious for our little break this upcoming weekend-finally! Our trip to California is almost here! So is my half-marathon. I was so thrilled today to have run about twelve miles or so, the longest I've ever run and my last time to run a long distance before the actual race. I'm looking forward to race day. It seems like I've been training forever. While I'm looking forward to the race I'm also looking forward to taking a bit of a running break afterwards. My body deserves a little bit of a rest :) I wouldn't mind doing some classes at the gym instead-I've just been so focused on running,running,running.
Nate just turned two and a half. Wow that was fast. I can't believe in six more months I will be throwing him a 3rd birthday party! He's such a smarty pants, smarter by the day. He's started to learn letters and now he can almost count to ten! (though one-five and one-three are the most popular counting he does) As a typical two year old, he's trying to command mommy and daddy around. "Come on", "Don't touch". He enjoys helping us around the house with laundry,dishes, feeding pets, watering,and getting the mail/newspaper.Nate also likes to take off/put on his own clothes, but isn't ready yet for potty training. On the plus side, he is now playing with the toilet again, he just isn't ready to sit on it.
Now that evenings are one of the most relaxing parts of the day, I'm off to enjoy some deserved Dreyers dibbs :)
No comments:
Post a Comment