I should really start back at the beginning and say that I was so proud of Nate being a good boy on the six hour drive there-we stopped once and I only had to give him one bag of fruit snacks (his favorite little treat for those "moments"!) Baby Einstein helped quite a bit though. He was still pretty good on the way home too-again we stopped once to eat and let him play some. This time his treat was a lollipop we picked up at Disneyland which kept him entertained for awhile!
Back to Sunday-I was thankful that Nate was pretty much a daddy's boy on this trip.Nate wanted to do everything with his daddy so I got to just push the stroller and lag behind some. Especially on Sunday I was wiped out so I didn't mind sitting while they played! It was the perfect day to visit the Adventure Park vs Disneyland-that park doesn't take very long to do and it was less busy. I was happy to be back at the hotel by 7ish that evening to get ready for a night's rest and a full day at Disneyland on Monday.
Monday morning came (after a much needed quiet night, and Nate even slept in until 7am!) and I woke up feeling pretty sore. From my tush to my calves I was hurtin'. If I needed to bend over I had to do the splits so I didn't squat. We got to Disneyland around 8:30 and stayed until about 8:30 in the evening. A little bummed we didn't stay for the last show and fireworks but Nate was grumpy in the afternoon "trying" to take a nap (which he didn't) so we didn't want to push it. I imagine every year his Disney experience will only get better-this year was more fun because he was able to name a lot of the characters (he cared mostly about Goofy and Mickey Mouse!) He's getting taller that he can ride more of the rides and still wasn't scared of any of them (not even the roller coaster he did!) We really got most of the rides done in one day. A lot of them were operating and the waits weren't past 20 minutes or so...though I think I would still pick a day later in the week and not around a holiday to visit again. Such a fun day, I wouldn't have minded another one. I'm already looking forward to when we get to go next!
Other parts of the trip Nate enjoyed were: the elevators in the hotel (or anywhere period). That's all he wanted to do and was the first thing out of his mouth in the morning before anything else. He was our official little elevator operator for anyone we rode with. The second thing he liked was our bus (a.k.a our shuttle to the parks). He didn't mind waiting for them, he'd just be saying "bus" the whole time and now announces it everytime we see one. Lastly...I was happy that we had made reservations at a place called Blue Bayou in Disneyland for lunch (for those who don't know, it's a restaurant inside the Pirates of The Caribbean ride, you can see the boats from your table!) Though pricey, we thought the food was excellent and Nate liked pointing out all the boats that went by. I'm a jambalaya fan and thought their's was quite yummy!
Unfortunately this time around we didn't stop at the beach. It would have been something to do on the way home but we were all tired and a little anxious to get some things done at home. Hopefully the next time we visit CA we'll schedule a whole day while we're there just to get that done. It's more fun if you don't have to rush!
We had a pretty fun (though too fast) trip. It sure was a nice break to get away from the heat and into the 70's! Enjoy our pictures!
![]() |
| Personalize your own free photo slideshow |

1 comment:
Very cute pictures and interesting account of your trip. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. The marathon was quite an accomplishment for your Heather. Way to go! Love, Mom K.
Post a Comment