We've had a pretty low-key, relaxing holiday weekend. We've loved having Josh home an extra day to spend time with. We did some BBQing both with my family and Josh's, as well as some fun time in the pool!
We're thinking about taking Nate up north to go camping-we've done a few trial runs in the backyard with the tent and Nate seems to love it! He'd stare at the stars until he was tired enough to fall asleep. Josh has some co-workers possibly camping in September so he wanted to see how Nate would do. I'm not sure if I'm going to join them-not because I'm a diva when it comes to electricity,water and shelter, but because I have a bit of a phobia. We'll see, it would be nice for the boys to get a break from our 112 degree heat for a day though!
So just this past weekend Nate has learned the word "no". We'll ask him something and he'll say it. Or even if we just announce something, like "It's time for bed" he said "no" the other night. Ugh. He's back into another not eating much and not sleeping very well stage too. We also discovered this weekend that Nate has a mild allergy to bites-unfortunately he sat on an ant hill outside and got a few bites and swelled up. The area actually gets quite puffy, so I gave him Benadryl and put ointment on. I felt so bad for him, having to swat all the ants off and uncover his bites he got. What a trooper though-he tries hard to keep a straight face in spite of whatever is going on.
I'm slowly gaining my cardio fitness back-two months left until my half marathon!
Time for dinner and relaxing on the last few hours of our long weekend-hope everyone had a fun 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment