Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back In the Groove

Whew. The last week has been a bit tiring getting back into the routine of things. We were happy to find Nate taking his nap earlier in the day (that is, if he still takes it-two days a week or so he doesn't) but bummed that he has now been starting the day when the sun comes up pretty much (5-6am). The days when he didn't sleep last week were L-O-N-G!

On another positive note-while we were gone Nate basically weaned himself off of the pacifier!! Hooray! We weren't trying to but he never quite acted like he truly wanted it when he was with my parents so they didn't give it to him. He doesn't even need it at night (I thought that was going to be the scariest part of weaning-he totally has loved to have it when he sleeps and usually couldn't fall asleep without the sucking). No problem now though! I'm so happy that something for once seemed easy to do. I thought the pacifier was going to be harder than potty training! Hmmmm, not the case. Nate still doesn't want to have anything to do with sitting on a toilet of any sort.

Nate's been doing pretty well in his bed. I do think he enjoys having all the space for sure. He's taken a few tumbles out of bed, but that probably isn't anything unusual for kids to do for their first time without a railing. Josh and I just thought that he'd learn where his boundaries were, at some point he'd have to learn. We're now entering week two of the twin bed and he's been doing better.


We had a relaxing Father's Day weekend. We took hubby out to breakfast the day before, the morning of I made Josh a sausage and vegetable frittata for breakfast and Nate gave him a hand made card and a clay print of his hand all painted. My parents made one of Josh's favorite meals that evening. The only part that wasn't good about the day was the six hours Josh spent on his computer after Nate had done something to it (oopsies). Man it just isn't always possible to know what they're doing every second.

I took Nate for his first movie theater experience to see Toy Story 3 yesterday-you know, he did pretty well for the most part. Our snacks helped with that. But then when he noticed we had the whole row of seats to ourselves...he took off to sit in each one to test them out. I wasn't too concerned with him doing that since there wasn't many people in the theater, but once he wanted to go down the stairs and go in other rows then I took him out. We only missed the last 10 minutes or so of the movie, and this was after we sat through previews and a short Pixar movie before the actual movie started. Maybe things would have gone a little better if Josh had been with me. I'll probably wait until Nate is more around three before trying again.

We're taking Nate for another new experience this weekend-the circus! I'm really trying to be hopeful that he'll enjoy that. He loves animals and there should be constant entertainment to keep him interested. I bought lower level seats in hopes the closer view would help. I'm looking forward to it!

Since Nate is napping I'm going to take advantage of the time to get more accomplished. Toodles!

No comments: