Thursday, July 29, 2010

Toddler Teething

Grrrrr. Darn teeth. Wouldn't you know that as soon as we see the dentist and he talked about Nate needing his last set of molars-I think they're coming in. That could possibly explain why Nate hasn't been napping much (take today for example: he did fall asleep for a short bit but woke up screaming with his hands in his mouth). Nate's also been waking up at night-once-but is able to go back asleep without much assistance (just maybe some nice back rubbing for a few seconds from mommy and daddy). There was one point where for a month we were giving Nate Motrin around the clock-maybe we're heading back that way. Unfortunately for us too-now that Motrin has been taken off the shelves-I need to find something that "tastes just as good". The generic I bought Nate DETESTS. Giving him medicine by myself sure isn't fun-sticky mess,Nate throwing himself every which way to avoid it. Ugh. My poor boy.

Other than that, we're doing good. We just celebrated Josh's birthday last weekend with a surprise night away at Firesky Resort and Spa in Scottsdale. We had a great time. We made a stop at our favorite cupcake shop, swam pretty much all weekend at the resort and went out for dinner. Hubby and I enjoyed free wine and sangria provided by the resort too. Nate enjoyed our comfy beds.

We're thinking about making another camping trip next weekend-some of Josh's co-workers are heading up north to the Payson/Heber area and invited us along. Considering I see the high is around 80 degrees, I think that sounds pretty inviting! We're having 100 degree weather but with 70% humidity :P Very sticky. I'm looking forward to being in California in another month to enjoy another break from our weather!

Pictures to come after more summer adventures! ;)

No comments: