Sunday, September 13, 2020

Meet the Teacher

To recap what has been going on in our state (even more detailed in our city), our district proposed decisions to be made on if we wanted to do an online academy where the older boys would do their school work online at home OR if we wanted to elect for "in person " school (we would stay with our home schools until it was voted in that it was safe to physically return). We knew we were not ready or comfortable with the boys returning to school physically anytime soon. We had hoped they could be online with their "home" teachers, but couldn't pick this option in the case our district voted for the kids to go back to school. As it turned out, (very last minute), our district decided that all kids would be online for the first quarter, whether they were going in person or through our online academy. They also extended our summer break one extra week to allow for extra training (and because our daily count of virus cases was reaching all time high levels). 

We elected to keep both older kids home and through the online academy for the first quarter with the option to return to in person school in the second quarter if things were better. Preston will be home all year as his school did not have any cautious rules. Therefore, I am managing the older two with school and teaching the third. Busy times indeed.

I decided I wanted to still hold a "Meet the Teacher" day for them to still "meet me", haha. I got cookies to make a good first impression and we even had a pizza party to follow. My family came to be the "families". I made a presentation even on what I planned to use as materials to teach Preston. It was sad that even the days leading up to Nate and Aaron's first day of school, I had no idea how it was to work or what was going on. That really brought on a lot of anxiety. 

At any rate, Meet the Teacher was always an event we looked forward to, to kick the new school year off. Here are a few pictures from ours :









No comments: