We saw my parents some. Aaron and Preston were able to do take home VBS activities. The boys have
still been receiving their subscription boxes.
One day, we made our own Kucenski mall. I ordered an Auntie Anne's pretzel making kit which gave us the idea to have a "food court" and "stores". We pretended we were at and walking around the mall.
We continued to support local business with treats and food. We began a tradition where certain nights of the week, the boys could stay up later and others were for Josh and I.
For our 15th wedding anniversary, we researched local establishments and decided on a restaurant we felt would be safe. We originally had reservations at another restaurant in Scottsdale, but canceled due to protests happening in the area. It has been a very wacky year.
We taught the boys some new card games and had ice cream delivered one night.
Daily pool time and popsicles. While Preston's swim school did eventually open, we decided with as often as he swims to not go back right now. He is doing great on swimming on his own! He can swim the length of the pool. His technique may not be par, but all things considered he's pretty much a fish. He has loved the water this summer. We are finishing September still swimming. However, Nate and Aaron's interest in the pool has dropped significantly this year. They used to be daily swimmers over the summer months. It has been sad to drive by our local pools and parks and not be able to do any of them this year.
Basically, a lot of places have gone through being open or then being closed. My gym is such a place. Even being open, I was not comfortable going there. So, we started to build up on equipment for home with weights and a cycle bike. I needed more than just the treadmill. Nate has become quite handy at building things that he put it together for me! I love using it with an app by One Peloton that has a large range of workouts and meditation.
I spent June wrapping up all of my magazine work. I decided that since I had all the information I needed, I just wanted to work in advance and be done. I'm glad I was able to plow through and complete all my work by the end of that month. Homeschooling Preston and getting ready for school was surely going to start taking a lot of time to prepare.
We got worms that we watched turn into butterflies. This was particularly neat for our littles.
All along the long summer days (and now school days), I've invested a lot into beauty and bath care as evident by my pile here. I look forward to the evenings when I can soak.
What we were really looking forward to was being away from home for the first time over the fourth of July. More on that in our next post!












No comments:
Post a Comment