I'm very excited to announce, then, that thanks to another online posting for a columnist job for a local magazine, I interviewed and was hired for a writing position! I think almost more than anything I'm excited that someone was willing to give me a chance despite not having any experience and the most current fact that I've been a SAHM the last almost ten years.
As an added bonus, I was very much happy and relieved to learn that I can write my columns from home, on the time of my choosing as long as it's done and turned in by the last day of the month. I still have to go out and collect the information and pictures for my columns, but I'm just very relieved that this can be done on the time of my choosing and not someone else's. I can work around the kids being gone at school, on the weekends, etc that I don't have to sacrifice my SAHM role. Pretty much what I was secretly crossing my fingers for. I'm also very glad that this will be something consistent, that I know I'll do and get paid to do each month. This is exactly what I need right now to sort of "feed my soul". Something outside of mommyhood.
The magazine is called Ocotillo Living and they cover/advertise for all things in our local area. Which, I also like because I tend to prefer supporting the smaller, locally owned places. My columns will be Recipes and Kids. I cover a recipe I think our distribution area would like from either a place or the community. For the Kids section, I profile a local child. I'm pretty stoked for my first issue in particular because I was granted a lot of freedom - to do the Kids section on our own kids, and to choose a recipe of my liking (my first one will be for September).
I really just cannot wait to get started. My younger self would be so ecstatic to know that I was given this opportunity!
No comments:
Post a Comment