Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Aaron is 6!



Our middles turned six years old (a month ago, eeks!) We had planned to celebrate his birthday with friends and family the weekend Josh and I got back from CA, but as I mentioned, Aaron had a fever :( Unfortunately his fever wasn't better in time. Blessed with such good family and friends, they came over in spurts to deliver presents throughout the following week leading up to his actual birthday (thankfully he was at least not sick for his big day!)

Actually, his birthday party was scheduled for Saturday, May 6. Since he was fever free for 24 hours by the 7th, we did have our families over to enjoy the cake (so it wouldn't go to waste) and ordered some food at our home, a small get together.


Hurry! haha

Aaron's actual birthday was on a Friday - I woke up and got bagels for breakfast and donuts for him to bring for his class. Conveniently I was teaching art that afternoon so I was able to celebrate with him! Boo, I deleted those pictures by accident :( That evening Aaron wanted cheese quesadillas, so we had a movie night and daddy brought some Chipotle home.

Another week later we gathered some of Aaron's friends to visit a local public pool (where we were suppose to have had his party).

Swimming, Italian ice, friends (a few more not pictured)...Aaron was a happy boy

Time for some Aaron six year old tidbits! --

--Much like his older brother, he is tall, lean...a picky eater! :p

--Lady lover. Since he was three, in every class he's had a lady friend. This past year in Kinder, her name is Chantel.


It's humorous to me that I've had different kids and adults from school come to me to advise me of Aaron's relationship with this little girl. Always holding hands, sitting next to each other, etc. She unfortunately is moving to another school, we think, and Aaron had hoped to move with her. Ah, young love.

- Still my social butterfly most of the time.

-Catching on to subjects at school fast, we're going to see how he does in accelerated Reading and Math next year. This past year off/on he would complain about being bored, that things were too easy. We'll see how this goes!

-Wears his heart on his sleeve, is a sensitive guy. Quick to get emotional. He could be on the highest of highs one minute then low the next. For us, anyway!

-Adores his little brother. Both in general, but it's just so cute to see him interacting with Preston. I don't doubt that they'll be good buddies.

- Still enjoys art, cars, and something that has especially taken root over this last year, Shopkins!

-Likes to watch YouTube videos :p

-Still sleeps with a soft, monkey  brown blanket, as well as a Thomas blanket that he's had pretty much since birth. Definitely sleep security items. Still prefers to keep a dim lamp on to sleep. It can take him a little bit longer to fall asleep, sometimes he needs to read or play a bit once in bed.

- Started summer swim lessons. We've changed facilities this time in hopes he catches on faster. Though, he does seem to enjoy playing vs swimming in our pool better.

-Has moments yet of being my Cuddle Bug. All of a sudden he'll cozy on up to me or give me a hug. I love!

Looking so old!

Love you dear Cuddle Bug!


No comments: