Monday, December 12, 2016

Mommy's Favorite Things

Taking a note from Oprah this time of year (where she used to talk about her favorite things and then give them away to her audience, though sorry, no giveaways from me, haha!) I wanted to talk about the things that I am thankful and grateful for since Preston's arrival. You know, some things that have evolved over the years that are making life easier/more fun!

1. Let's be honest. Convenience wins! There are a lot of services, in the last almost six years, that have developed to make life easy. Delivery services. Pickup 'without getting out of your car' services! 

Meal delivery! As in where ingredients for dinner meals get sent to you, so all you have to do is prepare them with the ingredients and instructions included. You mean I don't have to go to the store, where a car seat takes up the whole cart? I don't have to plan, buy, and prep dinner? SCORE!

Example of instructions. Very close 2nd to someone literally bringing us food to eat!

Wal-Mart as well as Frys grocery store pickup. Meaning, you order items online, pick a day and time you want them to be ready, and then you park and someone brings your order to your car! No getting out! You mean, no battling car seat/screaming infant in the store again? SCORE! 
 No picture, but let's talk Amazon Prime! 
Now this one has been around longer than five or six years I think. But, today it is still awesome. Order something on Amazon and, if you have Prime, a special kind of delivery, you will get that item within a day or two (or sometimes even the same day!) It has been so handy, especially if I've done an errand and forgotten something, or just don't feel like doing an errand, chances are Amazon has it that I can just order it and receive it in the mail that week. If I can't pickup without getting out of the car, if it's something I can just get via Amazon than you betcha I'm going to do it! Whatever time I can save with just being home with littles versus going out. Seriously, it takes more time to prepare doing an errand with littles than it does to do the actual errand!


2. Now this one is just all about cuteness. Oh wait, and eco-friendly. There are so many more options for items Earth friendly and organic out there nowadays, for generally everything!

Honest diapers and wipes! Not only eco-friendly, but deliverable which goes back to awesome-ness number one :)

....and, Honest just has the cutest diapers! Here P is modeling one of their Christmas designs.


3. Now this I remember from having Aaron, it was just coming out at the time but it cost a bazillion dollars, naturally. They are down a bit in price so we got one this time around - and that is, a video monitor!

Hooray for being able to SEE baby! To SEE what is wrong with baby if he/she cries. You can possibly tell that in the past, when we lacked video and had to open said door, we woke up past babies from their naps to do so. No more! Plus, with this one I even even TALK through it. Now I don't even have to enter the room, haha! 

Those are a few things I'm finding myself grateful for this holiday season. As Preston grows, I'm sure I'll be finding other products that make our lives easier/more fun and cute! :) 

1 comment:

Auntie Angie said...

This was a fun blog topic!