Wednesday, April 6, 2016

An Angel's Birthday

A few days ago was what would have been our darling Lily's 11th birthday. I think it goes without saying that it was a sad day for us, though we tried to smile and hope that maybe heaven had awesome things in store for her on her big day.

Of course leading up to this day, I began to think about what we could do to honor her. I always seem to go back to the idea of  animal shelters. I was able to find out who some of the long standing dogs were that are still waiting for new homes.

Jake and Neeterrman - one of which who has been waiting since November : (
We decided to sponsor (pay) their adoption fees, so whomever decides to adopt one of these two cute dogs will discover that they will get them for free. My heart in a way wishes we could do the ultimate great thing and just adopt a new pup, but I know we just aren't ultimately ready yet.

For awhile now I've been meaning to write how sweet and sensitive the boys continue to be. Our roses are growing like crazy now and anytime we begin to talk about that the boys mention we should cut some and take them to "Lily's spirit" . One day not too long ago we did.

About once a month I'd say, Nathan continues to remind me that we need to mark October 30 (the day Lily passed) on our calendar as being busy, calling it "Lily Remembrance Day".

We still reminisce a lot - "remember when...."  Or the boys will see other dogs and talk about looking forward to doing  "such and so" with our new dog.

Nathan has still been into magic some, and wishes his magic was strong enough to bring Lily back.

Besides Lily's birthday this month,  this month will also mark the six month anniversary of her passing. It's hard to believe it has already been half a year. I'm hoping the next six months somehow brings us more peace.

1 comment:

Auntie Angie said...

I wish our precious Lilly was here with us too chickaroo. I wish all of our precious fur babies could live forever. I wish that every day that I look at my own girl. I have no idea how you manage to put one foot in front of the other, but I think having kids and each other to stay strong for somehow helps. I also think the boys have some creative ideas to always remember her by, and that will be something you will treasure together and continue to celebrate her life here on earth.

Whomever adopts these two cuties will be very appreciative. I'm sure our girl will be delighted that two pups are getting an even better/brighter opportunity, like she did to live with you for her whole life.


Love- Aunt Angie& Cousin Penny