Thursday, December 10, 2015

Gingerbread House Party

For some reason I felt like trying to make our own gingerbread houses this year, something I've never done before (note : it is very tedious! I think for now on I will leave the house making to the pros) Then I bought various candy and such to decorate with.

Holiday flowers from the Farmer's Market

Little elves

Table of goodies




Glasses and cups for the house makers

...and some gingerbread coffee and mini houses for the moms!


Aaron's house


Our friend's house, so cute


Our fun little party took a few hours. Then, the boys like to do something we call "the station game", where they go to different "stations" for bits of time. Since we were in the Christmas spirit I made the stations Christmas themed - Christmas book reading, Christmas movie, etc.

Christmas playdough

Christmas worksheets

Little hard to see, but we finished the Christmas craft we started then today

We  continued with the Christmas theme the next day -


That evening, I took the kids to a local park with a small train and carousel - around the holidays it is decorated with lights.


Like many kiddos, December is one of the boys' favorite months!

1 comment:

Auntie Angie said...

I love how Aaron is holding up a rabbit in his portrait photo with Nathan! HA! Cute Christmas station ideas chick! AND-- of course I love the Elf costumes.