One of the fun parts about the beginning of this month was a trip to New Mexico for Josh's oldest brother's marriage. Well...Mother Nature had other plans I'm afraid. The night before we were due to leave (Josh and I, the kids were going to stay home with my parents for a long weekend) I had a really bad gut feeling...the day had been full of hearing about stomach bugs going around. My gut was right! That night Nate woke up with a bug. No Bueno. Long story short, I'm thankful that it was a less aggressive form of it (as in one of those 12 hour long things, and he wasn't too feverish) and that it didn't spread. Those are two big things I'm super thankful for. However, because of course I was worried about Nate, about it spreading, and then about giving germs to my parents and those taking care of the kiddos, I decided to stay home :( Josh still left as planned.
Super bummer. We were so excited for a "couple-ly" weekend. Nate too, was bummed because he missed his grade's field trip that day and they were no longer getting to stay with their Nana and Pap-Pap (once I was sure we were healthy, I made sure we did fun outings and things of course...I was feeling bad for the kiddos too).
So, a few tidbits about hubby's trip to NM!
He arrived to Albuquerque (where his brother lives) and they had dinner together - along with Josh's parents who also travelled that day.
The following day Josh visited some breweries, had lunch with our awesome sister-in-law's family, and that night helped to make luminarias for the wedding the following day.
The day of the wedding hubby went snow-shoeing (darn, an activity I hoped to partake in!) and I think otherwise did a little shopping and hung out until wedding time.
 |
| Josh with his brothers - Peter (far left), the wedding man Matt, 2nd oldest brother Ben, Josh (far right) |
 |
| Happy Josh doing shots with new sister-in-law, Lenny |
 |
Tequila donkey! Literally, the donkey brought shots upon shots of tequila. Howdy!
And that is that. Josh drove home (eight hours from Santa Fe, where the wedding was located). He seemed to have a good time, we're glad he went, I think we just are a bit bummed we weren't able to enjoy it together.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment