Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's A New Year!

Happy New Year! We celebrated "Noon Years Eve " with the kiddos since they still go to bed at their usual time. Cupcakes and "adult drinks" (they were so tickled by this idea, it was cute!)






The hubby and I had a nice date dinner out- something we haven't done in years!  A lot of fun. As with most years lately, we didn't make it to midnight ourselves - in fact we slept through any midnight hoopla in the neighborhood even!

As usual, we hope 2015 is a fun, safe, happy and healthy year.

 I realized last year that while it was nice having a break from training for any sort of race (I only ran one official race), I missed the challenge of getting ready for one. So...I am signed up for my first (small) triathlon the end of March!



I have been toying with the idea of one for a little over a year now. As I did with running, I'm starting off small - 400 meter swim (a full 8 laps in a lap pool), 8 mile bike and 2.4 mile run. Feeling confident about the run, but I haven't ridden a bike in years as well as done any "serious" swimming.
I just started going to the lap pool last week...one thing about training for a spring triathlon - the yucky winter swim hours! Very limited. However, next week  I will begin swim lessons - purposely for someone like me training for a triathlon, who needs help with my stroke and distance (those lanes are longer than they appear once you're trying to swim them!) I'm looking forward to the extra guidance, I think I'll need it to feel more comfortable. Already eight weeks away!

Can't believe that as I write this we are already halfway through January. We have a very busy (and fun) first part of February coming up!













No comments: