Monday, February 16, 2015
Happy 7th Birthday Nate!
Celebrating seven years of this almost Valentine baby being born! He's been so excited of course leading up to his birthday (I knew quite awhile ago how he wanted his day to go) and now, maybe even most importantly, he's looking forward to celebrating his big day with pals this upcoming weekend.
But, per my yearly breakdown, here is some Nate stats !
--Most especially, it's been obvious this past year how he's grown to show a lot of mommy traits. Well, after his parent-teacher conference this week it was discovered he's doing well especially in math, which isn't a mommy trait. But, he started Running Club (more on that), he likes things to be clean and organized, and, cutest of all, keeps everyone in line. Cautions Aaron if he thinks he will get hurt, etc. It's good to know I have someone to count on in case I'm not around :)
--Has his first loose tooth! Yes, his first.
--Has been enjoying the two "outside school" activities he's currently involved in - Running Club and Cub Scouts.
Running Club is actually getting ready to end the end of this month. I'm proud of Nate in particular for him doing Running Club - it's hard stuff having to practice before school, especially when that means having to wake up a few extra minutes early to get homework done first. He's also had a few meets already (where they run 1.5 miles to see how they place amongst two other schools). The top five finishers from each grade level (in both boys and girls) received ribbons. Nate hasn't ribbon-ed yet, but I'm glad to see despite that he isn't discouraged. Pretty tough when there's twenty boys!
--Favorite toys to play with include now anything he can put together , especially Lego based these days (cars, planes, etc). He and Aaron generally just like to play with trains, cars, planes...and outside in our good weather they especially like their cars they can drive. Typical boys I guess!
--Our "Mr Fix It". He loves to be the "toy doctor" and fix all the batteries. Take things apart, put them back together. Yep, he's got daddy's engineering mind.
Blessed to have such a good, sweet boy in our lives !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment