I realized I forgot to post pictures of Nate's surprise he got when he came home from his last day of school! Oops. CAR WASH!
With my idea (okay, Pinterest's) and hubby's know how, we made the kids a "car wash" out of PVC pipe, rags, pool noodles, and even some old shirts. We just made a bunch of holes in the pipes and connected the hose. Perfect! Surprisingly to me, though, the kids haven't used it much since those first few days of summer. I'm guessing because we're usually busy in the morning and it's too hot in the afternoon! Not that I blame them. So for now it is just collecting a bunch of sun.
Anyhow, back to last week. On Monday and Friday mornings we're very thankful for the help of both my mom and Josh's mom who each take the kids for a few hours those mornings (we had done the same sort of thing last summer, too). I think it's a nice tradition for as long as the grandmother's are willing. So Monday morning my mom had the kids for a bit and took them back to the pool play structure we had been to before. As usual, they enjoyed it. That afternoon, we had a frozen yogurt tour! I must say, it was the best kids tour we've ever been to. It wasn't free, but for everything we did/got, it was well worth it!
.JPG) |
| If only my phone camera worked better! Picture with the frozen yogurt mascot |
.JPG) |
| Enjoying our yogurt after the behind the scenes tour |
.JPG) |
| Coloring t-shirts |
The kids also got a balloon, made hats, they gave each child a yogurt container that had stickers, chapstick (!), button....we have found our new favorite yogurt joint! It actually was better tasting than any other place we've been to, the yogurt was creamier, and I also loved that we could bring home our own carton, too!
Nate again had his cooking class. I can't believe this teacher teaches twenty kids on her own without help! The amount of stuff they make is incredible. This past week they made spinach/artichoke dip, bruschetta, lemonade, and she had a large fruit spread that they made a chocolate fruit dip with.
 |
| So happy he tasted everything! I did, too, and it was yummy! |
Had many craft items to buy at our local craft store so I signed Nate up, conveniently, for a craft class they had going on at the same time. I paid $2 for it and it ended up being about an hour long! Not bad (and it let me shop peacefully at the store!)
One evening we met up with our friends, Lauren and Jack, for a farewell party before they left for Colorado the following day. They had it at a bouncing place, which the kids loved. It was just fun to spend time with our friends one last time before they began their next adventure.
.JPG) |
| Aaron didn't care much for the bounce houses - he just wanted to play air hockey! |
.JPG) |
| Friends gathered around |
.JPG) |
| Had to take a picture of my friend's cake she got - the baker spelt "farewell" wrong! |
.JPG) |
| The kids are just going to do what they want.... :) |
Nate has talked about wanting to go back to the museum that he went to for his field trip this year - the Phoenix Children's Museum. It so happened that I got
really lucky and managed to grab some free passes, so we took advantage of it! I managed to remember my
good camera :)
 |
| Hot dogs for sale! |
 |
| They spent a long time re-stocking "store shelves"...poor kids couldn't keep up with demand, though! |
 |
| Aaron thinks this is the life :) |
 |
| Large castle for them to paint. What a clever idea! |
The kiddos went swimming at Josh's mom's house and, just yesterday, we went with the boys to see Aladdin Jr! The room was much more intimate than I pictured it to be, which made it all the more fantastic. The kids were really into it since it was happening only a few feet away. We completed the trip with a visit to a cupcake store afterwards!
Whew. Week Three done. I can't believe we're entering into the last full week of June! Wow. Looking forward to Week Four...the kids get a little vacation with their Nana and Pap Pap!
No comments:
Post a Comment