We started out the week having found out who Nate's teacher is for 1st grade! Exciting. We love that our school does that and we get a welcome letter from the teacher along with a supply list (most teachers prefer we bring items the night of Meet the Teacher, which is only a month away!)
Starting last Sunday night the boys were in Vacation Bible School (VBS) each evening for five nights at our church. I was nervous how it would go because of it being a little late (late for us, anyway, 6-8pm). I was also a little nervous how Aaron would do once he got separated from Nathan without anyone else being there (for his first time). As predicted, at first Aaron was upset and they had to bring him to Nathan to calm him down when they were divided into age groups. But by the next night, Aaron was fine the rest of the time. He would tell me in the car, "Mommy, I'm not going to cry anymore". They LOVED it. However, having it in the evening didn't go so well for Aaron. He was extremely tired. I'm sure it's just an age thing, but I do hope they bring it back to mornings next year!
The next morning we had some splash pad fun!
We had another playdate with Nate and Aaron's friends Lauren and her brother Jack - so sad they're moving out of town this week :(
| Cute cuddles |
I didn't get pictures of it, but while Nate had some quality time with his grandmother Aaron and I went to a local recreation center to see his first puppet show - "Old McDonald". He did so well and laughed throughout. Though it was nice that it ended up being ~45 minutes long. Perfect length for his attention span!
Another morning the boys were signed up to do a play camp together - first time Aaron was "dropped off" at a camp! I can count on knowing that as long as he's with Nathan everything will be ok. He finds comfort in being with his brother and Nate right away snaps into "big brother mode" when I leave. Honestly, I'm glad Aaron is at the age now where I can start doing that - knowing that they have a fun time, and I can get a little bit of fresh air :)
| Playtime! |
Finally, to wrap up the work week I took the boys to a local public pool - they are obsessed with pool play structures and you can't beat the price! In fact I just bought us five visits for the three of us and it only cost me $13. That's MAYBE the price of one admission to a water theme park?!
| Slides, bucket that dumps..total water bliss to my boys |
| Bracing for impact |
| Nate loves being "dumped" ! |
We had a pretty chill Father's Day today - we made hubby breakfast, relaxed at home for a bit, then went to Josh's parents house to swim some and out to dinner for pizza. Ended with a "Super Dad" cookie for dessert :)
| Boys helped me make the morning feast! Eggs, bacon, potatoes and fruit |
I hope this doesn't sound bad, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the boys have gotten along so far this summer. They have been doing a lot of self-play/ self- entertaining in the afternoons when we're home. This has been new to me. Maybe because Aaron can talk more/keep up with big brother a bit more? I don't know, but I sure am enjoying it. I feel a little guilty, that I'm somehow not always initiating an activity or actively participating every minute like I usually do. Now I sort of figure if they can entertain themselves (without electronics) that's great. I want to encourage that. I don't want them to think I need to entertain them every minute and that I need to be included in everything they play. Guess we'll see, perhaps Week 3 will be different!
1 comment:
WoW! You were busy! I'll make good wishes that VBS is in the morning for you next year too. :) So glad the boys are enjoying their summer and love being brothers. They are very lucky to have each other.
Post a Comment