The boys had a great weekend camping with our church at Woods Canyon Lake - Aaron's first time! We've tried doing "camping practices" in the backyard with Aaron and he took awhile to settle, so I was nervous to let hubby take him along, thinking everyone would be up all night. To my surprise, I think because they kept so busy!, everyone fell right to sleep at night. Unfortunately because of our wildfires that happen in the summer (no rain + dry shrubs) the boys weren't allowed to have bonfires. In fact, we were even a little lucky that they got to go at all, as there was a small fire in the area that was luckily pretty well contained.
They did a lot of walking around, hiking, met some new friends, fished...and lucky for them too, the weather was even a bit chilly! (but now it's back to 100+ degrees) They're all such outdoorsmen , all in their element. We hope to do it one more time this year.
As for me (and no, need I remind everyone, I can rough it, I just don't care to see any bear wildlife!) I spent some of the weekend doing housework and the other half enjoying the peace...after all, with summer here now there will be less of that! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment