Oh my gosh...it did not take long at all for the tears to come when we arrived for Nate's kindergarten graduation...but first, some pictures beforehand of the very happy kindergartener-
 |
| Teacher said to dress fancy - thus the bowtie came back! |
 |
| Seems like yesterday we were posing for the first day of school! |
 |
| Party car! |
|
Before the ceremony started they had a picture slideshow with all this sad music...that's when the tears arrived, especially of course when I saw pictures featuring my little dude :( Staff came around with boxes of kleenex which I was sure to pickup. I totally didn't think I was going to be emotional but apparently...I had some deep feelings about Nate becoming a first grader! :(
However, once the kids came out to the graduation music (it was so cute, they came down linking arms with classmates versus just walking up on stage on their own) and they started singing some songs they learned, my tears went away,thanks partly to some funny bits. Once they sang that was the end, they all linked arms again and we met up in their classrooms to pickup their report cards and say goodbye to friends and the teacher. So he only had an hour or so of school today.
Some pictures from his ceremony/classroom friends...
 |
| Point in which I'm bawling |
 |
| On stage |
 |
| Singing |
 |
| Linking arms with a pal afterwards |
 |
| We love Ms Lopez- we found out she'll be teaching first grade next year - fingers crossed we cross paths again! |
 |
| Quite the sharpshooter dudes |
 |
| Yay! |
 |
| The three amigos that started the year, now ending the year |
 |
| Daddy had the morning off, so we went to Nate's favorite celebratory place for lunch afterwards! |
We had a little summer "surprise" in the backyard for the boys, to start things off, but I'll save that for my next post ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment