Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday Aaron !!

My smallest dude is now three...wow! I said the exact thing a few weekends ago when I signed him up for preschool in August (!) Before some "turning 3" facts, here's some pix of what we were up to on his grand day... (apologies, phone cameras are not the best!)

For breakfast, I made him a little fruit cake

We went to a park...

We went to a bookstore to read books and play trains...

And went out to dinner to enjoy some of his other favorite food (and dessert!)


So at three (!) years old, Aaron.....

--Is not potty trained. Nate wasn't either and didn't become interested until he was 3.5. Not really showing too much interest, either, but come summer he has a very willing older brother to help! I'm glad I have that going for me at least this time around.

--Much like other siblings I'm sure, likes to copy his older brother. And follow him around like a little puppy dog. Not that it's bad, it's cute, I think :) He just really adores Nathan. Gives him hugs when we drop Nate off in the morning and more hugs as soon as he comes through the school gate in the afternoon. They just have difficulty sharing sometimes...

--Still on a car/train/any mode of transportation love affair. He's been this way since he was even a year old. He absolutely LOVES watching all the cars at Nate's school going through the "drive thru" lane in the morning, dropping kids off. I think if I seriously had a coffee, we could go to a construction site and watch them work, and he'd be thrilled all day.

--Art is the same way. Ever since I put a crayon/paintbrush in his hand, he's become fascinated. He's in an art class right now (and will be having an art themed party this coming weekend!)

--Still love, love his eating habits. If it's anything I've learned with Nate, is to get them on the healthy eating kick right away! Especially trying new foods.

--Currently wants to sleep on the floor, with a lamp on. Yep, I can remember the whole "scared of the dark" phase with Nate. Nate even to this day will rarely sleep without having his desk light on. I don't know why he wants to sleep on the floor....maybe because he's scared of falling off the bed? :( We did take his guards down (and propped up pillows instead) but that hasn't always worked, helping keep him in. With summer close on the horizon, however, it worries me a bit for him to continue to be this way - after all, he did get bit two dozen times on the floor last summer :( And then there's always the worry of scorpions...

--Actually does (!) still nap a few days a week. It still varies how often and maybe even how long. However, most times if he does, it takes a while for him to go to sleep at night. So I know we're in that lovely transition stage! If he doesn't nap he sometimes will also fall asleep in the car.

--Entertains himself quite well. Not that, of course, I leave him for hours, but gosh if I wanted to get a few things around the house done, it's quite nice that he finds himself something to do. To this day Nate is always asking "what he can do" so it's a refreshing change. Bless my little man. Generally he's very go with the flow.


Just so lucky to have this cutie pie! And so excited to celebrate his birthday with friends and family next weekend !

2 comments:

The Oakley's said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!

Two Girls said...

Can hardly believe he's 3! Growing, healthy boy. Good job Mama.