| The boys started with making a coconut tree, of course! |
| Nate loved it so much he wanted to bring it to breakfast to show Nana |
| I cooked and colored some spaghetti for some different texture fun :) Anything cars can be run through... |
| Then it was time for a Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom lunch! Lettered grilled cheese, apples for leaves, grapes for coconuts, banana/carrot for the tree trunk and mandarin oranges for the ground. |
| We had to read the book, of course! |
| Whole Foods deliciousness! Chocolate cake. |
| He loves fire on the cake! We re-lit multiple times. |
Other than going out for breakfast, we spent the day at home (playing cars, outside on the bouncy, coloring...those are Aaron's favorite things!) Other tidbits at two...
~~ For about the last month, has officially started getting out of his bed! He still is in a crib, but we do have one of the sides down. Some days he doesn't get out, others he does, sometimes he tries to just hang out in his room, other times he wants us to come in...it really depends on the day :) We have put his toys in his closet to discourage him from playing (though he could open it if he wanted, he surprisingly hasn't yet...) We have been locking him in his room (as we did with Nate) and then unlocking the door when we go to bed. For us we have found it works better than the game of constantly re-putting him down in his bed...
~~The little potty is out! Nate is a super anxious big brother to show him the process. Aaron has gone on the potty, but isn't quite interested in the 'constant use' of it yet. So it's basically out for looks right now :)
~~Still, like his big brother, enjoys the outdoors and reading books. I'm hoping to make a reading 'nook' in Nate's room over the summer so I hope they hang there to enjoy some books on their own. Anything that involves being outside (walking, playing, riding bikes, it doesn't matter) he enjoys doing.Unless we're somewhere cooler, I think we're starting to wrap up our outside playtime (that doesn't involve water!)
~~LOVES the arts. Coloring especially, but anything crafty he's open to. I can't wait to get him in some art classes once Nate starts school full time.
~~Being the typical boy, he also LOVES his cars, trains, any mode of transportation to play with. We have a million, zillion cars!
~~Funny enough, he has something with gloves. When I'm washing the dishes (I use gloves), he runs over and exclaims, "Meeee!!" and wants me to chase him and attack him with the gloves.
~~Speaking of exclaiming, he's becoming quite the chatterbox. This is really where you watch what you speak, because he'll repeat anything someone says. Generally I've just noticed how fast paced everything becomes with the second child-they seem to start things sooner!
~~Still is my good little eater. He's in the mode of trying whatever is thrown on his plate, so we've been throwing quite a bit down! Well, I should say he does well with everything but meat. I haven't gotten him to eat any of that yet.
~~Is daddy's little boy. He just loves his daddy. As long as daddy is around, the rest of the world doesn't exist :)
Aaron is just the sweetest, most smiley little guy. Happy Birthday darling boy!
1 comment:
I love the theme and awesome food!
Post a Comment