Monday, July 2, 2012

Aaron--Almost 14 Months Old!

Amazing how in the last almost two months (heck, even in the last week!) Aaron is becoming more independent...and growing up! It's time for another edition of Aaron Facts :)


--By the end of May Aaron started drinking whole milk. By the second week of June, he has started drinking from sippy's! So much easier than with Nathan. I threw Aaron's bottles away within one day. He had no problems of letting go of the bottle. Yay!

--As it is, we only let him have his paci when he sleeps. We hope this will help down the road with weaning, when that day comes. He's a pretty good sport about that too.

--Loves to play Peek-A-Boo!

--...and loves to play musical chairs. Exhibit A, B and C below :


Thankfully he also knows how to properly get off of them, too!


--Can independently open our food cabinet for a snack and just today started to open and shut doors with the handle.
Our sneaky little bear

--Loves bathtime, especially if big brother is involved. Then it becomes splish-splash time!

--In a transition stage with naps. One day he's good with one, the next he would have preferred two...we're trying to decide which way to go :) I'm hoping we can get him to one...I think it would be nice to have quality time together in the mornings when Nate starts school (in the AM) soon.

--Is walking about 80% of the time now! Really that's only been within the last week. I'm actually relieved that he's coming out of the crawling stage.

--Stuffed animals and blanket must be removed from his crib at all times before he can sleep :) We always know what he's up to the first few minutes we leave the room. Also, the Waterfall sound machine must be on at all times! 

--Generally, he loves to play. Big brother is a particular favorite playmate, but that doesn't always work out.  Usually leaving the two of them alone erupts in Aaron crying and Nate telling Aaron he can't have a toy. I was blessed last week to have a full hour of just hearing giggles and no crying!

--Loves booktime as much as Nate. Touch and feel books are what he's into right now.

--Enjoys cuddling. I love when I sit on the floor, criss cross applesauce, he comes right over and plops in our lap. Everytime. Sometimes he'll even bring a book with him. One of his favorite places to be.

--Just started to wave "hello" and "goodbye". He's trying hard to say "bye", and within the last month has started to say "dada".

--While he loves bathwater, he's still trying to get used to pool water. Eh...work in progress.

Aaron is such a sweet, mild mannered, chill, go with the flow kind of dude. Mommy digs it! :) Suddenly this last week I've gotten all sorts of compliments on his behavior when we're out, it's been rather nice. Mommy's sweetheart for sure! <3

No comments: