Sunday, November 27, 2011

A little bit of everything...

In the last few weeks, Aaron has started baby food and gotten his first little cold :( He's been congested and hasn't slept well for almost the last week. However, I think he's beginning to turn the corner (good timing since hubby just left for the week out of town for work and we have one more week left until it's San Diego time!)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can all stay well through our vacation, we've been looking forward to it since it was 100 degrees this summer!

Anywoo...Aaron has had peas (actually yummy), sweet potatoes (no thank you) and carrots (ok) and apples (eh,could do without so far).





Aaron can now pretty much sit up on his own, at least for a little bit before he topples over. Crawling only about an inch (thats ok, I'm not ready for him to take off yet!)

Nate just finished his "camp". I think he's ready for a break-he won't be starting school back up until the second week of January now. December is such a busy month anyway that time will fly.

We just took the kids to Zoolights Thanksgiving week. They had a blast! Aaron loved the bright lights.



We love the trees that dance to music!

We're getting into high Christmas gear. Our decorations are up and our newest Christmas addition has arrived for the holidays-Eddie the Elf! (based on The Elf on The Shelf). Basically, we tell the kids that Santa has sent an elf to keep watch for him and report back to him each night to let him know if they (the kids) have been naughty or nice :) Hopefully the elves help reinforce good behavior, in other words! So far Nate hasn't really understood the whole concept (and hasn't noticed that Eddie hasn't moved from the spot we put him when he first came in).

The kids got to see Santa for the first time this year at Zoolights-Aaron was ok and curious (just as I remember Nate being his first year) however this year Nate doesn't seem to be all too interested. Funny, Nate seems to go in every other year spurts with St Nick.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving-we enjoyed time with both our families. The morning of I had my first run post Aaron-a 10k (6.2 miles)! Guess I was feeling brave, I haven't run that far in....a long time. The day after we get back from vacation I'm suppose to do a 12k run. All of this is building up to my half marathon in January,which is only six weeks away! I think I'm in a bit of a panic mode :)


No comments: