Thursday, November 10, 2011

Graduations--of sorts!

November 9, 2011-is going down in my book for the year as one of the best days. To start the day off-Nate graduated from his preschool class that morning. He's done with school for the rest of 2011, but will start up a school related "camp" on Monday until Thanksgiving-then he'll officially be done with classes the rest of the year.

His graduation was cute-there were tables set up with food and drinks and places to sit-then a bunch of chairs for parents to sit and watch their kids on stage. The kids came in and sang all the songs they've learned over the last few months. So cute! I wish I had more of an idea what was going on so I could have brought the proper recording camera with me :( The video on my digital camera doesn't record very well. The kids received a certificate and a little goodie bag. Short and sweet little ceremony with a picture slideshow-then we ate goodies at our leisure and left. I'll be better prepared the next time! I think even the grandparents want to be in on the action too.


Could we have the graduation treats BEFORE the ceremony mom?




Singing on stage


Nate and Braedan


He just wanted the donuts




Nate's certificate and goodie bag

The other graduation that happened that day was...Nate used the big potty! On his own,no bribing or bugging...we came home from the graduation, he said he needed to use the potty and that he was going to use "the big potty". Sure enough-I walked in afterwards and his stool was beside and his Elmo seat we bought was on top of the big potty. Go figure. Thank goodness, such perfect timing! Just days ago I had asked hubby what we were going to do when we go on vacation in a few weeks-I wasn't looking forward to having to carry around his small potty (especially in theme parks,if we were even allowed). I don't mind carrying around a toilet seat-that's a much better improvement than what we're used to! Nate hasn't used the big potty in public yet-but I'm hoping it won't be a problem as long as we have his seat since he's been using different ones at home (at least he's not potty particular!)

In time for Thanksgiving soon-I can say that I am ever so thankful that potty training is on the verge of completion,yay!

2 comments:

The Oakley's said...

Way to go Nate! Where are you guys going on vacation?

Unknown said...

Thanks Sami! (says Nate) He's excited about his accomplishment. The first week of December we're heading to San Diego!