Would you look at my chunky monkey now :) Not trying to be mean, but the last month I'd say he for sure has grown! He won't go back to the pediatrician until next month so I'm not sure his weight or other stats, but he's growing like a weed now!
It's still fun to read how my boys compared at this age. Here are some similarities and differences for the month:
--both boys drooling,making bubbles, discovering their hands and feet. Aaron hasn't been "eating" his feet like Nate was, but you'd think Aaron's hands were filet mignon to him! :) In some ways I hope he finds comfort in doing that rather than using a paci.
--generally the both of them are sleeping the same-Aaron goes down for about 4-5 hrs initially at night, then sleeps for another 4ish hours before starting to coo and act excited between 5 and 6am (I blame this on the light coming in the room at that time!) By 7/7:30am he's ready for his first nap of the day-usually one of three or four he has. I'm happy that he's a good napper-unfortunately the swing is still his favorite place to do it, but some naps can be a few hours long! Nate supposedly only slept an hour a day, according to old blog posts. Oh I sure hope Aaron continues to be a better sleeper!
--Aaron can lift his head some, doesn't roll over yet. I've been trying to decide when I should transition him to his crib for naps and maybe nighttime too. Naps first for sure, nighttime I think I may put off a bit until he goes a bit longer at night.
--both boys smile,"talk" and Aaron can laugh a little bit. So cute. I'm so glad to repeat those again!
I think it's been really nice to have had Nate to know the things I do and don't want to repeat this time around with Aaron-for starters, I'm trying to get into a routine with Aaron of eating,playing and then sleeping. Trying not to let him go right to sleep when he eats so that he hopefully learns (of course this doesn't help much with the swing)to soothe himself to sleep. In another month I think he would possibly be old enough to sort of start a "schedule" of trying to get down when he eats and sleeps. I feel sorry for the poor lad as I find that I have to wake him up sometimes to take/pick Nate up from school or do something else...
It truly warms my heart and makes me happy that Nate still loves his brother, has had no envious/jealous feelings (done bad things,said bad things) about Aaron. He gives him kisses goodnight,likes to have him in his room while he plays with his train...he's very good with him.
We're leaving Aaron on Saturday with my parents to take Nate on a little staycation-a family friendly resort that has some cool pools. I'm looking forward to swimming fun and some solid zzzz's, hopefully!
No comments:
Post a Comment