Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 4, 2011...

...marks an important day in the Kucenski household-the day that Nate "officially" decided he wanted to be a big boy! What ended up being a blessing in disguise, we had gotten reprimanded at Nate's preschool the day before because I had him in a pull up. I was basically told Nate had to wear underwear to his class or else we needed to drop out. Fortunately that message sent shock waves to the both of us. It was a good thing I had sent Nate to the first few days of class so that he got a chance to enjoy it and realize that it was too fun to be missing :) So, on Thursday morning as we were getting him ready, we told him he had to wear underwear to school or he couldn't go. I'm so happy to say that he voluntarily put underwear on AND kept them dry during class! When we got home, he used the potty all day long and stayed dry! We've been putting him in diapers at night yet but he will right away change himself in the morning. For the few slip-ups we've had, Nate has immediately changed his shorts/underwear and put the wet clothes in his hamper. I'm so proud of him for being a responsible little boy. We still have some other stages to work through, but this is a really good start. I hate to admit it...I've been sort of eye rolling at friends whenever they have said this...but it was an "all of a sudden he was ready to go" action. It was like all of a sudden a light switched on and Nate was serious about it. I can only hope it was all due to school and maybe seeing other kids using the potty there. We go back and forth between reminding him and Nate just saying that he needs to go. We went and bought bigger size underwear and Nate was into picking out what he wanted. I hope our luck continues!

On a different note, I have a few more pictures of what we've been up to within the last week.



Nate and I went on a date to Jambo Park!-an inside amusement park with games and rides. He wasn't interested in the rides at all-he just cared about the soft play area and playing games!




Another Meet the Creature event-again I was proud of Nate because this was the first time he wasn't tied to me that he was interested in seeing and petting the different animals. This animal belong to the same group as the llama, I forgot the name!



So soft!



Petting a large bunny


Duck and guinea pigs


Beaver




No comments: