Neither one too interested in picture taking
Big brother Nate helping feed little brother
Chilling out on the couch again
I love that I can go back to when I started my blog-when Nate was around the same age that Aaron is now (almost two months!) It's neat to remember what Nate's favorite/not so favorite things were and what he was up to. It's also neat now to compare the two. Already, like many of my friends have said, the two are different :) At two months old :
--Aaron prefers to sleep being held/cuddled with. Today in fact, after holding Aaron a few different times for him to go to sleep, he woke up within five minutes each time of me putting him down.
-Nate could sleep anywhere, including the swing and bouncer. Aaron doesn't care for the two yet.
--Both boys love their changing tables with views out their bedroom windows. When Nate was fussy I'd take him outside on the swing. Obviously, now that we're hitting 110 degrees here we aren't outside much but I'm sure he'd like it if we did :) It's fun watching Aaron stare out his window, get excited and start kicking and swinging his arms, cooing.
--Aaron is on/off with his pacifier. Doesn't always need it.
--Aaron is exclusively formula fed. I discontinued nursing after not being able to produce enough. It was at the point that we were supplementing more formula and Aaron needed to play catch up with weight-sure way for him to gain was being formula fed.
-Nursed Nate for six months, but supplemented formula at the same time. Probably could have done the same with Aaron if I didn't have Nate to worry about :)My time is a bit more limited.
--Nate was sensitive to loud noises. Aaron is learning to be the opposite :)
--Both around ten pounds (Aaron has gained almost three pounds in the last three weeks!), wearing three month clothes (goodbye, newborn :( )
--I want to say that Aaron is sleeping better at night than Nate because of the formula, but we still feed him about three times between 9pm and 6am. At least now we don't have to forcefully wake him up every three hours to eat, just as needed.
For now those are some tidbits I can think of. Nate continues to be a very kind big brother. This last week he took up helping feed Aaron his "milk". Having Aaron has been handy in ways of getting Nate to peacefully do things he may not want to do otherwise-such as taking a bath, cutting his fingernails, even changing his diaper. As long as I do the same to Aaron, Nate doesn't mind doing them. Gee if only I could potty train Aaron :) Yep, we're still working on that step.
So our smallest member is doing well. I just can't believe how old and big he's getting already :(
No comments:
Post a Comment