Saturday, June 4, 2011

Adjusting...

Sort of even surprising to myself-even though Aaron is barely three weeks old he's been on some field trips since daddy returned to work. Yes, I've ventured out with both kids! One day I was out for a total of five-six hours, on my own! Some of the activities we've been up to:


"My Gym" play classes




New toy from Aaron


Getting to open the Disney store!

I'm starting to kinda get the hang of being on my own with two kiddos.Meaning-I brush my teeth with one hand, bopping Aaron in my other arm, and trying to reach a Pop-Tart for Nate with my foot. Any free limbs are being used! In all seriousness though, I'm trying to settle into a morning routine of doing this first,that second...frankly trying to be somewhat organized so it's not a madhouse. Josh, for instance, usually gets Nate started with breakfast in the morning while I feed Aaron and get ready. Then I always get Aaron ready next so that Nate is ready and willing to copy "what baby brother does". Still lucky for me, Nate has been great with Aaron. It probably helps that Nate has discovered playing games on my iPad so that keeps him occupied while I feed Aaron :)

While the kids are doing great, Josh and I...well it's just like being new parents again :) We eat dinner with toothpicks keeping our eyes open and pretty much go to bed with the little ones. Aaron still gets up four times or so to eat and Nate enjoys his daddy sleeping with him so he still gets up each night at least once. Sleep will come back, one of these days.









First bath


Still curious Nate

Some recent pictures of Aaron. Typical newborn-eats and sleeps. I'm so glad he's past his birth weight-I'm so relieved not to have to deal with the stress of him losing weight as I did with Nate. I hope it stays that way! It's fun taking him places to get the ooh's and aaah's :)

Monday is our wedding anniversary-tomorrow Josh and I are going out to a nice dinner and maybe a movie or something else earlier. Our first date since Aaron was born! I'm super excited. Now we'll really get the chance to talk to each about things before we get interrupted or fall asleep! The weekend after Aaron is getting baptized-the Kucenski's have a very busy June!

Well, while daddy is playing with Nate and Aaron is napping...I'm back to catching up on some reading!

No comments: