Saturday, May 21, 2011

Aaron Michael

Well it's been a bit since my last post :) Aaron Michael has since made his grand arrival-May 12 @ 6:30pm, 19 inches and 7 pounds. I ended up being induced the day after my due date. I had a gel inserted into my cervix to help me dilate faster-a process that could be repeated up to three times before they would send me home if I didn't progress. Thankfully, after one shot of the gel, I dilated an extra cm/cm and a half-enough progress to let me stay. Next I received Pitocin to help things along even further and soon after an epidural. I was very clear with the nurses that I didn't want to dilate too fast, that I wanted to be sure I had time to have the drugs :) From start to finish, Aaron was born within six hours. Delivery was smooth and we're both doing well. I stayed in the hospital for two nights before coming home.








Nate was unsure about Aaron at first, he didn't want to get too close let alone hold him or touch him. Now that we've been home for a week, he likes to stroke Aaron's head, hold his hand and he's been a great helper. He'll pick out Aaron's outfits, give me diapers and put his dirty clothes in the hamper. He hasn't been jealous of Aaron at all, even when I'm feeding him.

Josh has been home since the day I was induced and will go back to work this coming Thursday. It has been such a great help to have him home and of course start to bond as a bigger family. It's nice that I'll have only two days by myself before it's time for a three day weekend. I'm hoping we settle into a routine fairly quick.

We have also been blessed to have the help of our close family and friends with watching Nate and having meals provided for us. What a difference that all makes. I'm so thankful.




So the next few weeks at least we'll be trying to figure out the balancing act-just wanted to post a quick update for now. Aaron is such a sweet little boy, Nate an awesome big brother, and Josh such a helpful and supportive husband with me and all our boys-trying to help us all out. I wish he was a permanent stay at home daddy with me! :)

No comments: