Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all the mothers had a good day today! I know I sure enjoyed the day. It all started with Nate sleeping in an extra couple of minutes (each minute helps!) Josh got up with him which allowed me to at least just lay in bed for a bit longer-then I took a long shower, and as soon as I stepped out Josh and Nate walked in with breakfast and a homemade card they had made. I had delicious pancakes and turkey bacon. We hung out together before I left for a manicure appt-so nice to relax there a little bit. I came home quick to pick up the rest of the crew and we took off for Scottsdale-first hitting up Sprinkles (a SPLENDID cupcake shop) and then met my parents for brunch at Arcadia Farms. They had a special 3 course meal that we shared-bruschetta, a fancy chicken sandwich w/salad and a slice of chocolate raspberry cake for dessert. The atmosphere there was neat-a bit like you were eating in a garden, under umbrellas (and in our AZ case there were misters going which helped keep it cool!) We came home for Nate to take his nap (which he did, yay!) and I took off to see "Iron Man 2" (okay...) I came home from that and Josh and Nate had made dinner. And now, I'm sitting here with my cupcake. It was nice to not cook and clean and just spend quality time with my guys.

We're looking forward to having some good friends in town this week for a two week visit. They used to be neighbors of ours before moving for a job-we miss them so much. There is Sami, who is my age and also a stay-at-home mom to a little boy named Eli who is a little bit younger than Nate. When they lived here we were pretty attached-Sami and I are alike in so many ways and Nate had a buddy to play with. We hope to get to spend a lot of time with them while they're here.

I tried to get a picture of Nate giving me a kiss-every time I tried he got camera shy, darn! That's been fun.

Hope you enjoy our pictures from the day-have a good week!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Mother's Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free slideshow


No comments: