The glorious days of naps have returned! I had to take a picture to believe it myself. I don't mean to bore some of you about this "every post" topic, but kids taking naps is a big deal (those who have kids know what I mean!) You feel a refreshed person when you get some time to yourself (that you took for granted before, right moms?!) So for whatever reason, Nate is back to mostly taking daily naps with maybe an exception of a day or two. Again, nothing we've done has changed so maybe he's hitting a growth spurt and needs some extra zzzz's. Nate is now 2 years and almost 3 months old-fiercely independent by the day and busier than ever, so a break is most welcome!!
Speaking of busy...between being a mother,wife,cook,maid,Kucenski life organizer...I'm now training for a half marathon (well, not officially yet but planning to!)I just ran a 4.2 mile event last weekend and now this weekend I'm planning to run a 10k race (6 miles). I have hopes of being able to run a half marathon this fall. This has really been a big deal to me: the fact that I couldn't even run a mile period years ago, and now not only am I beating the time I did years ago but I'm running miles more. There's such a high that comes when you accomplish a goal like that, I figure that's why I keep climbing up :) Pushing myself further. I'm really happy with the way things have been progressing-I feel happier,more confident,energetic,healthier...it's overall just been a big boost. Not to mention I need all the muscle and energy to keep up with the faster Nathan!
That's pretty much all that's new-hubby and I are anxious for the month of May to come around though ;) Almost a month away until our trip. We're just so glad that we weren't suppose to go out now with the volcanic ash out and flights being cancelled. Poor travelers!
No comments:
Post a Comment