Can't believe we're starting April, though in ways we don't mind. We have some exciting news-Josh and I are heading to Europe in two months! Yes, the two of us! Deux, dos...two. We're so blessed that my family offered to watch Nate for us the almost two weeks we will we gone. This will be our first vacation without him-in my case, my first "real" vacation. Couldn't be more excited. A little crazy getting ready for it with all the packing and organizing on all sides but it should be great. There just seemed to be more pros than cons in Nate staying here-no worries about him getting off routine with the time change, how he'll do on such long flights...plus he won't even remember the trip. It will be nice to fly by our pants, do whatever we please. We thought we wouldn't be as limited. We have planned to stay in Paris for six nights and Rome for four-with hopefully a day or two excursion to different cities if we have time. We want to have time to do a whole lot of nothing too! We don't get much of a chance to do that here. I've been wanting to go to Europe for a long time-ever since I started French lessons in junior high-so it's very awesome that it will soon be a reality!
We're starting to be careful about what we say around Nathan-well, even more so than before-the smart little guy has started to repeat everything we say (like if we're on the phone, he'll stand there and repeat our conversation!) Other than that he doesn't speak many sentences but the vocabulary still increases all the time. We've started to slowly teach him to say " I love you", " I love daddy"...and kiss! Finally! I've been wondering when he'll start giving me kisses. It's cute and funny-I'll mention the word "kiss", pucker my lips, and he'll come up to me, TURN HIS HEAD, well and then wait for me to kiss him :) I just think the part of him knowing to turn his head to avoid a nose bash is hilarious! He thinks it's funny too, he'll laugh afterwards.
After such a busy day my energy has officially worn off. Til next time!
![]() |
| A slideshow design by Smilebox |

No comments:
Post a Comment