We had such a great time at Tumbleweed Park with our families yesterday celebrating punkin's 2nd birthday! It had been calling for rain so I was hoping it wouldn't rain on our parade...and luckily it didn't and the weather was superb! It was such a nice sunny and breezy morning for playtime and celebration. I got to the park early with my parents to set up, we had pizza and salad for lunch (Nate's favorite), had a awesome chocolate chip cookie from a local cakery, opened gifts and of course spent a ton of time playing on the playground. Nate was so happy to have his family around (especially when everyone serended him with Happy Birthday-he was in awe!) and blew out his candles on his own! He happily played with his new toys as he received them, especially his new tricycle that mommy and daddy got him. It was a good thing we decided to build it ahead of time to let him use it at the park-he was cruising! I would say the only negative about the party was how fast it went-and it felt like Josh and I didn't get to socialize with anyone, not longer than a few seconds anyway. Guess that's how those kinds of things go though.
We got home and I tried putting Nate down for his nap, which he didn't take. I almost didn't think he would with all the excitement. However, since about December now there's one weekend day where he doesn't nap for whatever reason and during the week there's also 1-2 days at least where he doesn't take his nap either. I'm curious to know why since we don't really stray from our "sleepy time" routine. Maybe he is just slowly moving towards not napping, not needing all the sleep. He goes to bed around 7:30-8pm, depending on his nap (or if he doesn't take one at all it's usually 7pm). He acts like he still needs it though so I don't know! One of those things that makes you go hmmm.
Nate's actual birthday is this coming Thursday. We're looking forward to a little party with our friends at a different park that morning-again hoping it doesn't rain!-and plan to take him out for some good pizza that night. Otherwise I'm sure we'll just spend more time outside,hopefully, since that's his favorite place to be.
I think I'm going to start potty training sooner than I thought-he mimics me going potty now, and by surprise he actually went pee in his! It scared the daylights out of him though, now when I've tried to get him back on it he shakes his head. Hmmmm.
Time to get in a run while the weather is good out. I'm doing good on my resolution to work out 4-5 days a week, and just this past week I've started to use My Fitness Pal (a great online tool!) to keep check on my calorie intake. It's been a little bit of a wake up call to see the calories in different foods! I'm not so much restricting the kinds of foods I eat-like carbs or sweets-but at least trying to make sure I don't go over a certain calorie amount. I hope I continue to find motivation to keep it up!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment